Derby Museums is for the thinker and maker in all of us
Together we make museums for the head, heart and hands. We will do this by:
- Being independent
- Fostering a spirit of experimentation
- Pursuing mutual relationships
- Creating the conditions for well-being (helping people connect with others, keep learning, take notice of the world and give back to the community)
- Proving that we are doing it
- Every school in Derby will engage with Derby Museums.
- We will transition to a mixed and sustainable funding model with a 45:55 mix earned income and public investment.
- Through exhibitions and programmes all the communities of our city will recognize they have something to say about the story of our city.
- We will lead an international programme to promote the work of Joseph Wright of Derby – the ‘painter of light’.
- We will be regarded as one of the world’s most innovative and resourceful regional museums.
Company registration number – 8036113.
VAT number – 142207452.
Charity registration number – 1149710.