Drop in any time and find out more about the plans for Derby Silk Mill Museum of Making, due to open in 2020 following a two-year capital programme. The 2020 date will coincide with the 300-year anniversary of the completion of the original Silk Mill as the site of the world’s first factory!
The vision for Derby Silk Mill Museum of Making has been co-designed with communities and stakeholders in Derby and we are all very excited to share the resulting concepts for the building and the comprehensive ‘Collections of Making’ that help tell Derby’s incredible story of innovation.
- Find out more about how the museum will look and feel, the stories we will tell and activities people will be able to do.
- How would you like to be involved?
- Do you have a making story to share?
- Come along and be part of making the Museum of Making.
Also at The Silk Mill
Other events you might like
- Monday-Wednesday 10am - 5pm
- Thursday 10am - 8pm
- Friday-Sunday 10am - 5pm
Find us at: