Join our 1839 Circle
1839 is a very special year for us as it was the year of the first exhibition in Derby. The exhibition had a profound impact, and was one of the factors which helped found the Museum in 1878 which still holds many of the objects from the original exhibition.
In 1879, through the generosity of Michael Bass and other amazing philanthropists from the time, the Derby Museum and Art Gallery was gifted to the people of Derby. Can you join our 1839 Circle to support Derby Museums now and become part of its future story?
As a member of our 1839 Circle, you will be amongst some of our closest supporters and your generosity and support will play a vital role in helping Derby Museums continue to conserve and share our collections for future generations.
As a thank you for your support you will be invited to exclusive behind the scenes events, first night openings and networking events. Membership of the Derby Museums Friends is also included.
Membership starts at £350 and as a thank you, you will receive all of the following Friends benefits:
- Invitations to Friends social events
- Free entry to our programme of Friends Talks
- Regular Friends newsletter, including regular articles to keep you in the loop
- Invitations to explore the museum’s collections behind the scenes through intimate group tours
- Invitations to exhibition opening events and exclusive social events with Derby Museums Trustees and Executive Director, Tony Butler.
- A copy of Joseph Wright of Derby by Lucy Bamford and Jonathan Wallis when you join.
All subscriptions to the 1839 Circle received before September 2021 will benefit from match funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund as part of our Endowment Campaign. This means that with gift aid, individual membership of £350 becomes £812.50 and the couples membership at £475 becomes £1062.50 for Derby Museums at no extra cost to you.