National Lottery funded attractions say #ThanksToYou for 25 years of support
Derby Museums is offering National Lottery players a special Hard Hat Tour of the new Museum of Making on Saturday 18th January 2020, with bookings opening between 23rd November and 1st December as part of the National Lottery Heritage Fund’s #ThanksToYou campaign.
Hundreds of National Lottery funded venues and visitor attractions across the UK are saying #ThanksToYou to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket. More than £40 billion has been raised for good causes by players over the past 25 years in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community.
Derby Museums has received £9.4 million from the National Lottery Heritage Fund which has helped contribute towards the development of the Museum of Making, due to open in autumn 2020 as part of the UNESCO Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site.
Hannah Fox, Director of Projects and Programming at Derby Museums said:
“Funding from The National Lottery is enabling us to transform this magnificent Derby landmark into the new Museum of Making, which will celebrate 300 years of Derby history in the making on the site of the World’s First Factory. That’s why we are offering this free Hard Hat Tour to National Lottery players – it’s a way of saying thank you to the people have helped us make the Museum of Making through buying lottery tickets.”
National Lottery players booking onto the special Hard Hat Tour will be some of the first to see behind-the-scenes as Derby Silk Mill transforms into the Museum of Making, learning about the history of the building and finding out about future plans for the site.
Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of the National Lottery Heritage Lottery Fund, said:
“This year the National Lottery turns 25, and what better way to say thank you than offering special offers at some of the places that players have helped fund. It’s not only our wonderful heritage sites that are offering thanks – we also have free entry and special offers at National Lottery funded arts, sports and community attractions – all the places that make the UK such a great place to live.”
A £10 booking deposit is required for the tour, refundable on the day on production of any National Lottery ticket or scratch card. Two time slots will be available and bookings must be made between 23rd November and 1st December. Places can be booked here: http://bit.ly/DMHardHatToursLottery18Jan20 or by calling: 01332 641901.
About The National Lottery’s 25th Birthday
- Full details of Derby Museums’ offer can be found here: https://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/projects/thanks-to-you/view/a-special-behind-the-scenes-hard-hat-tour-of-the-new-museum-of-making-at-derby-silk-mill
- Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £40 billion has been raised for good causes in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community.
- The 25th birthday is a moment to celebrate the extraordinary impact The National Lottery has had on the UK, and to say thank you to National Lottery players for contributing around £30 million to good causes every week.
- Over 5,500 millionaires have been created by National Lottery games over the last 25 year. The National Lottery creates an average of seven millionaires every week across its games
- The 25th Birthday National Lottery #ThanksToYou campaign runs between 23 November and 1 December 2019.
- Within this time, anyone who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard will be able to access special offers at venues taking part in #ThanksToYou.
- Visit the #ThanksToYou events page thankstoyou.org.uk to search for special offers near you.
- Please check the individual offer listings for dates, times and other terms and conditions.
- All National Lottery games qualify (including National Lottery draw-based games and National Lottery scratchcards) purchased in store and online/via app.
- Proof of purchase of a National Lottery game can be either hard copy or digital.
- The date of draw / purchase is not relevant.
- All offers are subject to availability.